JMix-Points are different from Moodle-Points

JMix-Points are different from Moodle-Points

by Matthias Makowsky -
Number of replies: 3
I'have created a JMis-Quiz with Hotpotatoes. At the left side there are 5 items, at the right side 8 items. The pupils have to decide, which 5 of these 8 items match in the correct way. If the 5 correcht items are found, the Hotpot answer is 100% and all is fine.

However when i upload the quiz to moodle, the Moodle anser is 62% and the pupils gain only 62 Points (5/8 from 100).  Is this a bug or should I design the quiz in another way?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthias Makowsky

Re: JMix-Points are different from Moodle-Points

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

HI Matthias,
thanks for reporting this.

Could you upload the quiz to my server so I can have a look?
http://bateson.kanazawa-gu.ac.jp/moodle/16/ms/course/view.php?id=3

cheers
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Matthias,
thanks very much for pointing out the problem with JMatch (drag-and-drop) which have unused items on the right-hand side. As you said, the scores  were not calculated correctly.

I have adjusted the scoring of JMatch quizzes, tested it alot, and I am pretty sure it is working well now. You can download the updated scripts from my server or the CVS (you might have to wait 24 hours for the CVS changes to be available).

cheers and thanks again!
Gordon

P.S. I should have asked you for an easier quiz to test on smile
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Just a note to say that I have added an additional modification so that quizzes generated from the JMatch XML files, where there are more RH items than LH items, are correctly generated. I have tested this for JMatch v6 (drop-down menus) and JMatch v6+ (drag-and-drop) and eveything looks OK.

As always, you can download the modified scripts from the Moodle CVS, the Moodle download page or my server.

regards
Gordon