Printing from Grading Interface Moodle 3.1.5 +

Printing from Grading Interface Moodle 3.1.5 +

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We have a unique situation where we need to print a graded rubric from the assignment grading interface.  This worked in the past and now when we try to print it will only print the viewable area of the screen and not all pages to show the full rubric.

As you can see in the image we've been using Moodle to perform staff evaluations for non-instructional.  This needs to be printed as it was in the past.  

Any ideas on how we might be able to get Moodle Assignments to printout all the data on the grading page?

Thank you,

Chris

Attachment Assignment  Final Evaluation   Human Resources 2017.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Printing from Grading Interface Moodle 3.1.5 +

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What happens if you switch to two column view and then click on expand in the rubric area.  See attached screenshot - that brings it up in a new window - does that print the whole thing maybe?  Mine isn't long enough to tell.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I actually found a solution but it was at the end of the day and I had to take off before I could post the solution.  It involves changing CSS for printing.  We found this issue also affects Moodle 3.2 as well.  So in CSS you add an @print and you must change two classes to remove the absolute positioning.  

When this is done and you go to print it will print the entire page and not just what is viewable on the screen.  

I didn't think to test with another browser but we were using Google Chrome.  I should have tried firefox too.  

Here is the solution.  The last two classes helped.

@media print {
  .gradingform_rubric .criterion .levels .level.checked {
    background: #d0ffd0 !important;
    border: 3px solid #555;
}
.path-mod-assign [data-region="grade-panel"] .gradingform_rubric .criterion .levels .level.checked {
    background: #dff0d8 !important;
    -webkit-print-color-adjust: exact;
}
.path-mod-assign [data-region="review-panel"].collapsed+[data-region="grade-panel"] {
    position: initial;
}
.path-mod-assign [data-region="grade-panel"] {
}
}

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Haniel Burton -

Thanks Chris! We ran into the same issue as well on 3.1.9. 

We added this too so the middle panel expands wider on the printed page, this allows wider rubrics to be printed by setting margins to none and scale to 95% in the Google Chrome print options. 

The original CSS restricts max-width: to 800px. 

.path-mod-assign [data-region="review-panel"].collapsed + [data-region="grade-panel"] [data-region="grade"], 
   .path-mod-assign [data-region="grade-panel"].fullwidth [data-region="grade"] {
    max-width: 1200px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    }

This is the full implementation:

@media print {
  .gradingform_rubric .criterion .levels .level.checked {
    background: #d0ffd0 !important;
	}
	.path-mod-assign [data-region="grade-panel"] .gradingform_rubric {
    padding-bottom: 0;
    max-width: 90%
	}
	.path-mod-assign [data-region="grade-panel"] .gradingform_rubric .criterion .levels .level.checked {
	    background: #dff0d8 !important;
	    -webkit-print-color-adjust: exact;
	}
	.path-mod-assign [data-region="review-panel"].collapsed+[data-region="grade-panel"] {
	}
	.path-mod-assign [data-region="review-panel"].collapsed + [data-region="grade-panel"] [data-region="grade"], 
	.path-mod-assign [data-region="grade-panel"].fullwidth [data-region="grade"] {
    max-width: 1200px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
	}
	.path-mod-assign [data-region="grade-panel"] {
	}
}

In reply to Haniel Burton

by Michael Zwahlen -

I need a solution for this bug. To print out a rubric is not the goal of eLearning, i know wink

But where do i add this code?

We use Essential-Theme.

Thank you very much.