Unable to rescale and change maximum grade for forum

Unable to rescale and change maximum grade for forum

by Blair Goodlin -
Number of replies: 1

I have an instructor who is grading a forum by rating students' posts.  (Only the instructor has permission to rate.)  It was set to a maximum grade of 10, but she wanted it changed to a maximum grade of 6.  She requested this change after she'd already rated students.  Now, when I try to change the maximum grade, I get the error(s) shown in the attachment.  They seem to contradict one another:  one says I can't change the maximum grade, and the other says I can change the maximum grade after rescaling.  I don't even see anywhere to rescale the grades.  How can I change the maximum grade for this forum?

Attachment moodleCap.jpeg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Blair Goodlin

Re: Unable to rescale and change maximum grade for forum

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Blair,

You're right - the messages do indeed contradict one another. Unfortunately, it seems it's a bug in Moodle 3.1 and 3.2 - see MDL-56949. Please vote for the issue to indicate that you'd like it to be fixed. (You'll need to create a tracker account in order to vote.)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)