I know how to do this (lots of groups, and change the permissions each week etc) but I'm curious about if there is a better way.
- Clusters start each Monday in a seven week class.
- They need access to a new section in the course each week (on a Monday) - as well as remaining with access to the previous sections.
- ie A new cluster starts each Monday, and progress their way through with an additional section each week.
- Once they finish they go into an alumni course.
Clear as mud? I'm wondering what is the approach that has least administrative overhead each Monday.
It seems to me I have seven actions each Monday:
- Set up new cluster into a group (1).
- Add access to a new section for each group (2) - (6).
- Close off access to the final group (7), add them to an alumni course.
This is just using standard Moodle, and changing the settings each week.
What I am curious about is if I can have seven groups that just make their way through the sequence with NO action required from me.
Then each Monday I empty the group that is finished, start a new group for the new entrants, and every other group advances with a new section each week, with no intervention from me.
Maybe there is a plugin or a secret knack, but I don't want a core hack.