Header Language Selection and User Information

Header Language Selection and User Information

by Shaan p -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

In header.html , the user information and the language selection box are brought in using a variable called $menu .

<?php if ($home) {  // This is what gets printed on the home page only
?>
    <table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="headerhome">
        <tr><td colspan="3" align="right" class="navigation"><?php echo $menu ?></td></tr>
  </table>

but in our site , I want the user information to be at left extreme of the row and the language selection in the right extreme of the row . how can I split it ?

please tell me what and where the changes has to be made .

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shaan p

Re: Header Language Selection and User Information

by Shaan p -
Any suggestions please ...
In reply to Shaan p

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

It appears that you're using Moodle 1.4, as the headers are done with div tags not tables in 1.5. Is it possible for you to upgrade your Moodle site for us to help you more easily?
In reply to Helen Foster

by Shaan p -

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply . We are using moodle 1.5 and not 1.4 . We have made some custom changes in the header.html to suit our design formats . Hence , the change from ' div ' to table . but how does this affect language selection ? . To make it clear , we can see that there is a line above the language selection select box ' You are logged in a <username> (Logout) ' . We want this line to be in the right extreme of the navigation bar . and the language selection box in the right side (as it is now).

Please reffer to the Zip file attached containing a screenshot for clear view .

Thanks ,

Shaan

In reply to Shaan p

by Ger Tielemans -
thinking in tables:
  • add (several) extra combinations of <td></td> in your row <tr></tr>
  • put one piece of info in the most left
  • put the other piece of info in the most right
  • set the with of all the <td></td>  until you are satisfied
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Shaan p -

The problem is not with the <td> alignments . The single variable "$menu" brings both the text and the dropdown box to view . I want , the names of the variables , that gives "You are logged in as <>" and the another variable , that gives the dropdown box .

Hope this is clear ,

Thanks ,

Shaan