Updating Captivate SCORM resulting in forever loading

Updating Captivate SCORM resulting in forever loading

by Sara Vaiho -
Number of replies: 1

I have a course i've changed in Captivate recently and i needed to update the SCORM package. 

When doing so, the SCORM package works fine for new users. But users who have viewed the previous SCORM couldn't get in. The forever loading wheel appeared (see screenshot1) and wouldn't go away. 

I think this is because i've changed the total amount of pages in my course (and rearranged them). 

One solution i found for this is deleting attempts for users who have viewed the course but haven't completed it. The problem with this solution is that the users will have to redo everything they did before I updated the SCORM. It's a pretty big course and imagine spending 2 hours on the course only to find out you have to do it all over again. I would go crazy.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I've check this forum and the imsmanifest.xml files are the same for both .zip files.

Attachment screenshot1.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sara Vaiho

Re: Updating Captivate SCORM resulting in forever loading

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Have you tried inspecting the element in your browser?

Right click or Shift Ctrl I on the player loading, select Inspect from the menu and open Console, to see if there are any error messages generated from the player not loading correctly. 

I have experienced similar issues on my Moodle 3.2 site, and tested the package on the dev site qa.moodle.net only to find out it did work there.