Problems using MS Front page to upload files

Problems using MS Front page to upload files

by Dave Ray -
Number of replies: 4
I have used both Blackboard and Web CT for delivering contactor licensing reviews online; I believe Moodle will beat them hands down however; I have uploaded the folder using MS Frontpage which created some problems evidenced by the warning messages below. Thanks for any help you can provide. Dave_____________________________________________
Warning: Failed opening '/home/contract/public_html/webcourse/mod/_vti_cnf/version.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/contract/public_html/webcourse/admin/index.php on line 136

Warning: Failed opening '/home/contract/public_html/webcourse/mod/_vti_cnf/db/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/contract/public_html/webcourse/admin/index.php on line 137
Contractor Central Trade Classes: Administration Logout
Trade Home -> Administration

Site Courses Users
Configure variables

Site settings

Site logs

Choose theme

Check language
Add a new course

Assign teachers

Delete a course

Course categories
Add a new user

Edit user accounts

Authentication

Moodle 1.0.6.4 (2002112400)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are logged in as dave ray (Logout)

Trade Home

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Ray

Re: Problems using MS Front page to upload files

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Don't use Frontpage to upload Moodle, just use plain FTP.

Frontpage has created extra folders (_vti_cnf) that Moodle finds and misinterprets as new modules which it tries to install - hence your errors.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Dave Ray -
Thanks for your rapid response. I will reload with plain FTP. This educational tool you have developed will go far to transform the dynamics
of learning.
Dave/ M.Ed.
ContractorCentral.Com
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ken Boshardy -
hi, new here...

So, what is the work around for this?

I have a customer that LOVES MS Frontpage and won't use anything else, because of the "ease of use" he has with it.

Is there anything I can do just short of hosting moodle somewhere else?

help... please help...

smile

Ken
In reply to Ken Boshardy

by Kam Vento -
Think about uploading files from within "Moodle". It works pretty well. The doc says you can also upload a zipped archive and extract from within "Moodle." You may have to give you client admin priviledges (inside of Moodle).