"Register my site" Moodle function not working

"Register my site" Moodle function not working

by Henry Quinn -
Number of replies: 4
I am trying to register my Moodle site using Site Administration --> Register --> Register your site but I am receiving an error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /lms/admin/registration/register.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I checked the file system and the file is indeed there.  Also I am logged in as the Moodle admin.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Henry Quinn

Re: "Register my site" Moodle function not working

by RTR Admin -

That sounds exactly as it sounds, change the permission on the file to 0755 and make sure they have the correct owner and group assigned. Do you have this problem with any other admin tabs. Typically, this is not an isolated problem.

In reply to RTR Admin

by Henry Quinn -

Thanks for the reply.  I did change the permissions to 755.  The permissions seem to be 644 everywhere.  As to who is the right owner and group, I have no idea.  I'm accustomed to Windows permissions and they work differently.  Also, I'm having to use a shared hosting environment that uses cPanel to manage files.  Should all Moodle files be 755?

I don't seem to have an issue like this anywhere else in Moodle.

Attachment 2017-03-25 10_42_03-cPanel File Manager v3.png
In reply to Henry Quinn

by Just H -

Files should normally be 644 and directories 755.

In reply to Just H

by Henry Quinn -
I tried it both ways and it still gives me the same error.