redirected you too many times

redirected you too many times

by liz mcmillen -
Number of replies: 5

Hi, for my site http://www.firefactorcourses.dreamhosters.com/, when I click on a link or try to login I get the error message: www.firefactorcourses.dreamhosters.com redirected you too many times.

I have also attempted a migration following the steps outlined in the forum to get this site working: http://www.courses.firefactor.net/, but get these error messages: Warning: require_once(/home/dh_tyv34j/courses.firefactor.net/message/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dh_tyv34j/courses.firefactor.net/lib/messagelib.php on line 27

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/dh_tyv34j/courses.firefactor.net/message/lib.php' (include_path='/home/dh_tyv34j/courses.firefactor.net/lib/zend:/home/dh_tyv34j/courses.firefactor.net/lib/pear:.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/dh_tyv34j/courses.firefactor.net/lib/messagelib.php on line 27

I have been round and round updating the databases and mysql and cannot seem to make either of these work.

My host is unable to assist with troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Liz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to liz mcmillen

Re: redirected you too many times

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is this a new site or was it working at one point?  What version of Moodle?  What process did you go through to install/migrate?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by liz mcmillen -

Hi - I'm not exactly sure how to tell what version of Moodle I'm using. I did a backup of the site on the old server and manually uploaded to the new via FTP. I followed the steps to update the database in the config file. My hosting company helped me with the next step (#sed -e 's/oldserver.com/newserver.com/g' oldmysqldump.sql > newmysqldump.sql) and that's when things got weird. My host, much to dismay, is unwilling to further troubleshoot.

Thanks for your help!

Liz

In reply to liz mcmillen

by RTR Admin -

This error can be caused by a couple of different problems. During a migration, the most likely culprit is the cache folder in your moodledata folder. Try erasing the cache folder then logging into Moodle again. If this doesn't work, your problems is likely a bad permission when you installed Moodle. Repeat the file ownership steps to change the appropriate files to 0755 and 0644.

In reply to RTR Admin

by liz mcmillen -

Thanks, I am deleted the cache folder now. I'm not sure what the appropriate files are for this instruction: "Repeat the file ownership steps to change the appropriate files to 0755 and 0644."

Thanks!

Liz

In reply to liz mcmillen

by liz mcmillen -

I have tried reloading and am now getting: Fatal error: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting.

I'm at a loss. I have contacted a few of the Moodle partners about support but nobody has gotten back to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

Liz