Fordson v1.3.0 Help Discussion

Re: Fordson v1.3.0 Help Discussion

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Version 1.3.1 adds back the "My Courses" drop-down to the top navigation bar.  Settings are very similar to my Evolve-D theme and can be found in the Menu Settings tab of the Fordson's theme.

It also addresses a duplicate function issue as well as some default settings on install.  

As it was stated, this is a theme for K-12 (but can be useful for a lot of people).  In K-12 there is often an issue in large sites getting young kids from the Moodle homepage to their teacher's course page to enroll.  There are many steps in navigating and finding the proper course.  

In the very near future we are releasing an enrollment plugin which will allow you to get kids into courses/groups just like edmodo and google classroom with a 6 digit code.  (Our plugin will not use confusing number/letters such as " i  , 1 , or  l ")

We are trying to take this a step further and integrate a QR Code which when scanned will enroll you into a course.  We think a 7 year old scanning a paper and automatically being enrolled in a course would be very useful for our teachers!  Especially with all the ipads and chromebooks in classrooms.   Even parents might like a QR code in a newsletter.  More info on the enrollment plugin here:   https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=349802#p1411281

The new enrollment plugin will be detected by the Fordson theme and automatically display a VERY obvious form right on the homepage where the student can enter in the code and get into a class.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)