Confused about backups

Confused about backups

by James Steerpike -
Number of replies: 0
I have a development server on a PI running Moodle 3.1 and a hosted site on Moodle 2.8. I built a course on the dev server, backed it up and restored it to the hosted server about a week ago. I set up automated back ups every night.

The backups are telling me I have two courses, and one of the courses is failing the backup. I was reassured by seeing backup files in the Moodle backup area but checking shows these are only a dummy course of 13Kb with no real information. Checking the logs of these backup files tell me there is no backup log and downloading and unzipping show half page XML files.

I have tried a manual backup (Course-backup) and the five pages I go through show the course work to be backed up but I get an internal server error type 500. Does this sound like a hosted server problem perhaps with resources or something I have done?
To see if it could be a resource problem I have tried only backing up some parts of the course and am getting an error/cannot_finish_ui_if_not_setting_

Average of ratings: -