Forum and grouping ?

Forum and grouping ?

by Miro Iliaš -
Number of replies: 5

Dear all,

as I  see, it is possible to address forum posts to selected groups, not to grouping.

I need to announce something to selected groups. Is there any way to achieve that without repeating the same post for each group ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miro Iliaš

Re: Forum and grouping ?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

As you might have noticed, you can either post to one, or to all groups.  So if you happen to want to exclude one of let's say six, I would post to all and then delete one.  If you want to post to only two, I would post to one, then manually copy and paste it again.

I have provided some thoughts about how forums should have an easier ability to copy and move individual forum posts around using permalink in another forum, but I haven't found time to put all of my thoughts together as a feature request in Tracker.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Miro Iliaš

Re: Forum and grouping ?

by José Mata -

A similar situation. 

Let's say that in Frontpage there are groups of students: 3A, 3B, 3C,...9A, 9B, 9C, ....

Groups of Parents: Parents of students in 3A group, Parents of students in 3B,...etc

Groups of Teachers: Chemistry teachers, Biology teachers, Math teachers,..., etc

Grouping of students enrolled in 3rd grade courses, 4th grade course,..., 9th grade courses

Grouping of parents of students enrolled in 3rd grade courses, 4th grade courses, and so on...

Let's say the Director of school or somebody with privileges to post announcements in Frontpage, wants to post a new exclusively to parents of students enrolled in 6th grade courses as well as to the corresponding students (6th grade students).  How could he/she do it? 

If posting news to groupings were enabled like posting to groups, it would be stright forward. 

A workaround could be to post resources LABEL for each announcement,  but after a while, the Frontpage would get crowded of posts. This could not happen with Anouncements forum since it works fine with older posts.

Any thoughts?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)