Students may review

Students may review

by Cory B -
Number of replies: 6
Hello,

I have a question about the "students may review" portion of quizzes. It seems like the options for "Immediately after the attempt" should only allow students to see their correct/incorrect answers after they have selected "submit all and finish".

Is the proper way to have a student only see their score  AFTER they have taken and finished the quiz to uncheck the row "Immediately after the attempt"? It seems like the quiz shouldn't show your score until after you've finished the test.

Any input here would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cory B

Re: Students may review

by Timothy Takemoto -
Dear Cory,
> It seems like the quiz shoudn't show your score until after you've finished the test.
That sounds very reasonable. But, reading between the lines, does saving ones responses during the test (not just "submit all and finish") result in the score being displayed during the test? If so that sounds like a bug.

Apparently the immeidately after code is at around 
mod/quiz/review.php, line 52
mod/quiz/locallib.php, line 2580 
According to Julian Sedding.

Tim
In reply to Cory B

by Timothy Takemoto -

I just tried it on mine, and as should be, the only way students see their correct/incorrect answers is if they submit all and finish.

Perhaps you only mean to point out an ambivalence in the word "attempt." It seems that, as it should be, "after the attempt" refers to after the attempt has been submitted. You could change your language pack to "immediately after the attempt has been submitted," if it is confusing your teachers.

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Cory B -
I think my issue was that I had "Adaptive mode" set to yes which was causing my strange results. I'll consult with the professor and see what the settings were on their quiz.

Thanks for the help.

-Cory
In reply to Cory B

by Dennis Daniels -
Hey Cory,
If it is the adaptive mode let us know will you? I've been getting strange results as well.

thanks
Dennis
In reply to Dennis Daniels

by Cory B -
I'm currently working through this trying to find specific behavior now. It's hard to pin down exactly what's going on. I'm going to create some quizzes and run through different combinations of settings to see what's going on. I'll post back any unusual behavior.

-Cory
In reply to Cory B

by Cory B -
Here is what I found....

If the "Immediately after the attempt" option is set for Scores (even if the student is only allowed one attempt) and a teacher goes to edit the quiz and clicks "Regrade attempts" then students are able to see their quiz scores. I'm pretty sure this should not happen.

Can anyone comment on this? I have attached a screenshot of the quiz settings I'm using to test this.

Thanks,

-Cory
Attachment quiz_screenshot.gif