New Resource Plugin - Moodle 2.9+ and 3.2

New Resource Plugin - Moodle 2.9+ and 3.2

by Dave Emsley -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there,

I'm looking to develop a new resource plugin which takes the output from PowerPoint as JPEGs named Slide1.jpg, Slide2.jpg.  These will be uploaded to Moodle as a zip folder, unzipped within Moodle and then the resource linked via the folder name.

I've managed to do this as a manual task of ftping the files to my site/local/<modulename> folder and it works fine but I cannot any documentation on how to deal with a zip folder.

can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Cheers

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Emsley

Re: New Resource Plugin - Moodle 2.9+ and 3.2

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Dave,

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question, but since it appears that you might be wanting to emulate a slide show in Moodle, I wondered if you know about the iContent plugin? https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_icontent

To me, it acts very similar to your typical slide show program in that pages can be shown with transition effects. It has the added advantage of being able to use some of the question types available in Moodle question banks, as well as allowing for comments both public and private. It also has a table of contents like the book resource, so you can jump directly to any "slide" if you need to.