STACK Moodle 3.2 Setup

STACK Moodle 3.2 Setup

by Sean Carroll -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone would be able to provide some assistance with the CAS Connection on Moodle 3.2, using a windows server and maxima 5.38.1 .

Currently, all I'm getting returned is "CAS returned some data as expected, but there were errors." and a blank error array. 

Only thing I've been able to think of is a permissions issue with the folders I created under the moodledata, or an incorrect install of Maxima (but it's been detected).

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Debug info

Found, and using, Maxima in the following directory: C:/maxima-5.38.1/

Context used

Platform: win
Maxima shell command: C:\____\Moodledata/stack/maxima.bat
Maxima initial command: load("C:/___/Moodledata/stack/maximalocal.mac");

Maxima timeout: 50

Maxima command

cab:block([],print("[TimeStamp= [ 0 ], Locals= [ 0=[ error= ["), cte("CASresult",errcatch(diff(x^n,x))), print("1=[ error= ["), cte("STACKversion",errcatch(stackmaximaversion)), print("2=[ error= ["), cte("MAXIMAversion",errcatch(MAXIMA_VERSION_STR)), print("3=[ error= ["), cte("CAStime",errcatch(CAStime:"2017-03-22 09:16:31")), print("] ]"), return(true));

Command line

"C:\______\Moodledata/stack/maxima.bat"

CAS result

unpack_raw_result: no timestamp returned. Data returned was: ]]]]

Unpacked result as

Array
(
)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean Carroll

Re: STACK Moodle 3.2 Setup

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What happens if you open a command prompt, and type those commands? Start with trying the command

C:\____\Moodledata/stack/maxima.bat

That should start Maxima. (Are those underscores in the path really right? They look wrong.)

If that does not work, open maxima.bat in a text editor and try running the commands in it one at a time.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sean Carroll -
Hi Tim,

The underscores are just me removing the file directory's. Currently, I've managed to run it without an issue with the moodle stand alone launcher on my windows laptop, which points to the server setup rather than my files.

We get to the following command when we run the bat file in cmd prompt and hit the error.

Lisp error

We've also noticed when we boot maxima on the server, it will not display the following as it does on my laptop, which makes me think it may actually be maxima not running correctly, rather than STACK.

Thanks for any assistance,

Sean.

In reply to Sean Carroll

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It looks like you have narrowed down exactly where the problem is happening. I am afraid I don't know enough to help you solve it. Sorry.