Moodle 2.4 Assignment submitted but no uploaded file visible

by Adam Smith -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, 

I have had a student submit work when when i go to view the work there is nothing to view. see image. 

Moodle

I was advised to change the 'Slasharguments' to unchecked but this did not help me.

Can anyone advise me with this problem?

Thanks 

Adam

(Edited by Mary Cooch - original submission Tuesday, 21 March 2017, 12:50 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Smith

Re: Cannot view submitted Assignment

by Dave Emsley -

Hi Adam,

Do you not click on the arrow icon (►) for the drop down menu?

HTH

Dave

In reply to Adam Smith

by Adam Smith -

Hi Dave, 

many thanks for your reply. 

This is in an assignment area, all of the other students' documents are showing but not this particular student. 

I have no idea why? There is no drop down option

Adam

In reply to Adam Smith

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Adam. Just to let you know that in accordance with our Site policy, I deleted your duplicate post where you asked the same question again. It only fragments the support you receive and makes it more difficult for other users to find the correct information in the future when they do a search.

However, you might like to reupload your new screenshot here if you think it will help. I have changed the subject title to reflect the  Moodle version too. Unfortunately 2.4 is very old and out of support. One thing I could suggest is to make very sure the student did in fact upload some work.With earlier versions of Moodle it was possible for students simply to click the assignment button and not upload anything - tricking their teacher into thinking they had handed in their work. (I speak from experience smile)

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moodle 2.4 Assignment submitted but no uploaded file visible

by Adam Smith -

Hi Mary, no problem.  I only made that one as I thought I explained the problem better (This was more of a panic post!). 

I have tried to log in at the student and upload a blank, so to speak, and it would not let me do that  sad 

Many thanks 

In reply to Adam Smith

Re: Moodle 2.4 Assignment submitted but no uploaded file visible

by ben reynolds -

You need to undo the "submitted for grade" to try the upload. Click the Edit button and choose "allow another attempt."

In reply to Adam Smith

by ben reynolds -

This happens when a student goes through the submission process and does not upload a file. That's why you've got the 0 files submitted record. 

If you have the ability to login as the student, you can do that, then look in his/her recent files to see if the file is there. Generally, it is not.

Assignment basically says that a student has done something almost the moment they touch it, whether they finish the process or not.