SCORM "completed" problems

SCORM "completed" problems

by Ricardo Lima -
Number of replies: 1

Hello community,

Short story: I'm using the Articulate Storyline 360 for creating e-learning courses, and I'm testing them on moodle. I want the user, to get in the course, keeps passing slides, may close and open where he stays, keep passing the rest of the slides until the end, and finish with success.

I'm having 2 troubles:

CASE A:

- Report tracking option is by Track Using Number of Slides Viewed;
- User opens and starts the course;
- User closes the course in the middle;
- User opens the course in the middle and resume to continue where he stays;
- User goes until the end of the slides, and completes the course (moodle shows the green check);
- User closes the courses, sees the information and it says 0%.

This way the user as no way to know that he passed the course.

Case B

- Report tracking option is by Track Using Quiz Result;
- User opens and starts the course;
- User closes the course in the middle;
- User opens the course in the middle and resume to continue where he stays (moodle shows red cross);
At this point, the user already failed the course, with "quiz result" the user can't close and open the course?
If the user take the course form beginning to the end, and pass the quiz, he completes the course (moodle shows the green check);
- User closes the courses, sees the information and it show the result like 75%, 80%, 100%.

This way the user know that he passed the course.

There are my problems. I talked with Articulate Support, and they update this to an LMS of their company and the user can in and out during quiz and complete anyway. The slides viewed tracking also completes and at the end shows the status of complete.

I attach an WORD with some prints that explain better my problem. Please give me some help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ricardo Lima

Re: SCORM "completed" problems

by John Brindle -

Hi Ricardo,

I believe this may be a storyline issue. I would recommend using javascript to set completion data to Moodle. 

If you look at the learning heroes community you should find information there about executing javascript in your Storyline packages. We have had similar problems but you can set grades and set completion status by executing SCORM relevant javascript.

For example, we set completion status using the code;

SCORM_SetCompleted();

This is done by choosing a slide before the end and creating a trigger to execute javascript when the timeline starts.

I hope this helps with some of your query!

John