Autho 2 Google Pluse Login in moodle mobile app in ionic

Autho 2 Google Pluse Login in moodle mobile app in ionic

by Gajendrasinh Zala -
Number of replies: 5

Hello I am new in moodle app, i want to use  google login in mobile app how can i do this can you please someone help me

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gajendrasinh Zala

Re: Autho 2 Google Pluse Login in moodle mobile app in ionic

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Gajendrasinh,

please read the documentation I put in the other discussion you posted. In there it is explained how can you configure your Moodle site for SSO authentication (like Google+).

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Gajendrasinh Zala -

Can you please send me document link i unable to find doc

i m go through https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features#Configuring_the_app_from_your_site

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

the documentation you need is in the point "2.1 Enable authentication for sites using SSO methods (like Shibboleth and CAS)" of that page. Basically, once you install the plugin you just have to configure the authentication via browser (embedded or not, as you prefer).

Please notice that in Moodle 3.2 this setting was included in the core of Moodle. So if you're using Moodle 3.2 you don't need the plugin to do this, you can configure this going to Site Administration > Mobile app > Mobile authentication.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Gajendrasinh Zala -
Hello Dani Palou,

Thank you for reply,

I have follow as step which defind in doc 2.1 point,

but i am not able to achive that. after installing plugin on web i am able

to google login but in mobile app its not showing google login button.

can you please give me working example if posible

-

Best Regards,

Gajendrasinh Zala

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Dani Palou (via Moodle.org) <

by Dani Palou -

Hello,

it's not possible to add a Google login button inside the Moodle Mobile app itself. The only way to do that would be to create your own version of the app. If you configure the login via browser, this is how the authentication is done in the app:

1. The user introduces you site URL in the app.
  2. The app opens a browser or embedded browser with your Moodle site.
  3. The user authenticates in your site using the Google button or whatever you have.
  4. The browser is closed and the user is authenticated in the app.

Kind regards,

Dani