Feedback on student participation

Feedback on student participation

by Paul Raper -
Number of replies: 2

When grading a student's participation in a forum, is it possible to give them feedback comments in much the same way as is possible in the assignment module?

I want to give each student private feedback on their work.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Raper

Re: Feedback on student participation

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I don't think that you are the first to ask for this.  Somehow, I recall seeing this request either in the Tracker system or as a proposed project in the Moodle Users Group.

I believe that if you want to give some private feedback, right now you can go to the grade book, single item view, and make comments there.  But I think you prefer to give feedback right when you are grading a post (right?).

As an idea of how this could be implemented, right in the bottom right where we see:

Permalink | Show parent | Edit | Split | Delete | Reply

this could show as 

Permalink | Show parent | Edit | Split | Delete | Private Reply | Reply 

Of course, since I am not a programmer it is easy for me to say this, but harder to do.

I just looked and found some discussion in moodle.org.  In a Google search, I typed "moodle private reply to forum post."

In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: Feedback on student participation

by Paul Raper -

Hi, Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye out for what's happening in this area. Giving feedback on activities is one of the most basic requirements we need whilst supporting students.