Activity Font Color (More Theme)

Activity Font Color (More Theme)

by Henry Quinn -
Number of replies: 7

Hello. 

How do I change the font color of the vertically written Activity names under Dashboard à My Courses à XXX à YYY à Reports à Activity Completion ?

I am using an almost black background with the More Theme.  Unfortunately I cannot see the names unless I highlight them with the cursor (see screenshot).

I suspect there is a stylesheet modification to make somewhere?

Thanks!

Attachment 2017-03-19 08_28_29-Activity completion.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Henry Quinn

Re: Activity Font Color (More Theme)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well as I see it, your guess is as good as mine, but I would hazard a guess and say that it may be coded in https://github.com/moodle/moodle/tree/MOODLE_31_STABLE/theme/bootstrapbase/less/bootstrap/variables.less

But on what line or what variable it comes under I haven't a clue.

The only way you can find out is to use your browser's Web Development tools to inspect the part of that page which you want to restyle. In doing so you will find the CSS that it is using now. If you copy that CSS you can drop it into the Custom CSS box in the More settings page, make the changes to the color and save your settings..

Sorry I can't be more help.

In reply to Henry Quinn

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Here is an update to my last comment!!!

I have been looking at this for a good hour or so,and find that the name is in actual fact an SVG image and so coded to use the color black.

So the only thing you can do is try adding this CSS too your More theme :Custom CSS box in the More settings page.

#page-report-progress-index #completion-progress th svg {
    fill: currentColor;
}

or you can use the color blue like you have on that page.

#page-report-progress-index #completion-progress th svg {
    fill: #6695cf;
}

I hope it works?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Henry Quinn -

Mary, thanks so much for the code and for spending so much time figuring it out.  It works PERFECTLY!

Attachment 2017-03-21 17_48_09-Activity completion.png
In reply to Henry Quinn

by Mary Evans -

That's GREAT news AS thanks for letting me know.

If you have any more problems with More theme please let me know as this particular fix may well get add to More theme now that I know it works.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Henry Quinn -

Mary, one thing that comes to mind is having the option to eliminate the Moodle logo from the footer after you log out of the system.  No matter what I try, that is the only screen where the Moodle logo seemed to be semi-hard coded.  You can suppress the Moodle logo elsewhere in the footer except for in the log-out screen.

Other requests:

• Ability to customize the user log-in screen without having to change code.  Right now I get a very basic log in screen but I cannot do custom branding or a graphically interesting layout customized with rich text / inserted graphics.
  • In the Activities listing... be able to reposition the activity completion checkboxes to the left of the activity listings or have the option to draw periods (like a table of contents) extending over to the checkboxes.  I suppose you could have it also do some kind of box or color variation as you move the cursor over it but this wouldn't work on tablets with a touch interface.  I have an older user who says his eyes cannot make the leap from the activity name over the the box.  So being able to reposition the boxes would help visually impaired users.
  • Redo the SCORM pages so that the SCORM module could be "full screen" without all the page headers and side navigation boxes don't take any room.  The closest I could get to this was having a SCORM module open in a new window.  This has two problems:  1) it still not a maximized use of screen space.  Moodle still wants to use a lot of screen real estate for module names and other headers.  2) Users get confused on how to exit the module if they are using a tablet which opens in another tab.  Some of my students are not computer literate so they don't instinctively understand how their web browser opens a new tab or window.  Right now I don't use the "open in new window" option which makes navigation easier, but it also means that the SCORM module is embedded in a box which pops up scroll bars.  It looks awkward and works awkwardly if you have to scroll around a SCORM module to see the whole thing.  Ideally the SCORM module basically takes up the whole screen.  Before Moodle, I was using eFront LMS and it did a great job of giving the SCORM module the entire screen space. 
  • Lastly, I cannot figure out how to set up a "minimum time spent on module" timer.  Our audience is required (by government requirement) to spend a minimum of X time on each lesson.  They would need a countdown timer that shows how much more time they have to spend on the module before it can be marked "complete" by SCORM criteria. 

These are some that come to mind smile

Attachment 2017-03-23 00_47_59-Course_ CFI Part 135 Initial.png
In reply to Henry Quinn

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

Is it possible for you to send me a link to your site in a message here on Moodle?  I would be happy to give you some ideas on how to fix the majority of the problems you appear to be faced with.

You did say you are using More theme, well that is a pretty good theme and easy to make changes to if needed.

My Morecandy theme is based on the More theme, so if you want I could try out some modifications on it so you could test it out without upsetting your site?

With regards the Moodle logo in the footer when loggedout you can try this CSS:

.notloggedin #moodlelogo { visibility: hidden; }

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Henry Quinn

by Mary Evans -

Just posting a link to a discussion which might be an answer for timing your students.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=262935

Hope that helps?

As for the Logout screen - unless you have added a logout screen there isn't one in the More themes, that I recall, but there is one in Moodle that pops up now and again where it asks you, "Are you sure you want to logout?" If that is the page then it can be fixed, I just need to know how to trigger it so I can get the correct CSS for it!

Cheers

Mary