Change password

Change password

Does This Display - මගින්
Number of replies: 5

I can not figure out how to change my password for MoodleCloud version 3.2.

First of all, I would like to say that I really like Moodle, and I opt.in to allowing Moodle to use my questions, trials and errors to help improve.

I did take the learn.moodle course, took notes, but still I have questions.

My question is how do I change my password?

When I log-in a Portal comes up.  I have tried clicking all over the place, but I don't think I have found a way to change my password there.  The Portal also comes up with my site name hyperlinked.  I click on it and my course, or site (whatever it is called) comes up in a new window.  I have clicked on things all over the place in this new window, but so far I have not been able to find the place where I make the password change.

How do I change my password?

Thanks in advance.

ශ්‍රේණිගත කිරීම්වල සාමාන්යය: -
In reply to Does This Display

Re: Change password

Jon Bolton - මගින්
Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Testers ගේ පින්තුරය

Hi - you can change your password via your MoodleCloud site login screen.

1. Go to your site login screen. It will have this format: [yoursitename].moodlecloud.com
  2. Locate the link that says "forgotten your username or password?"

You will be redirected to a page that asks you to enter your username or email address. Once you’ve entered your information an email will be sent to the email address you registered with, instructing you on how to change your password .

More info at https://moodle.com/cloud/faq/

In reply to Jon Bolton

My login screen has no "change password" text.  All it has is a little red box that says Log In.  That little box is in the upper right area.  When I click on it,  a box appears under it where I enter my site name and password.  These boxes are in the upper right.  I tried entering an incorrect name and password and pressed log-in, but still no forgot password link came up, and in fact the original log-in box disappeared and only a log-in box titled "Invalid username or password" in the lower left area became available.  I looked all over for the forgot password box, but could find none.  So then, trying to force that "change password" link to appear, I tried entering wrong info.again into this new box, clicked log-in.  Still no password change link appeared.

I really hope I can change my password.

In reply to Does This Display

Jon Bolton - මගින්
Particularly helpful Moodlers ගේ පින්තුරය Testers ගේ පින්තුරය
If your site name is still guessandcheckdiscovery.moodlecloud.com (found it in another post!), go to https://guessandcheckdiscovery.moodlecloud.com and the forgotten password link is there. For ease of reference, click on https://guessandcheckdiscovery.moodlecloud.com/login/forgot_password.php

In reply to Jon Bolton

The name I enter when logging in is guessandcheckdiscovery.  I think the full name is
guessandcheckdiscovery.moodlecloud.com.