I'm very new to Moodle, actually this is my first time using it. Below is the steps I have completed so far, before a problem.
1. Anyway I have downloaded and installed Xampp-win32-5.6.30 to my C: drive.
2. Then I downloaded Moodle 3.2.2, unpacked it and loaded it into the htdocs folder of Xampp. Then renamed it.
(just on the side, I have done these steps a few times now. In between uninstalling everything, re-downloading files, rebooting my computer to make sure there is no files left from previous installs)
3. Started xampp and started Apache, mySQL, filezilla.
4. Clicked on 'admin' on the SQL and created a database.
5. Then I went to my firefox browser and typed 'localhost/my database name/'
6. Went through the install setup and all went great until 'define user -admin', then the browser just stopped. I've waited up to 10 minutes with nothing happening. The browser is just a white screen, nothing seems to be spooling etc.
I have gone through this a number of times, and get to the same spot each time. I would love some help please, I really think if I can get it going it will be just what I need for my website.