Some questions regarding moodle features

Some questions regarding moodle features

by Mustafa Abdat -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I'm new to moodle. Id like to know if moodle can be used with the following requirements.

1. Student score based on each subject breakdown. For example a subject has the following breakdown

Attendance : 10%

Tutorial: 30%

Exam:60%

In order to pass that subject, the score for each activities above must be met. There are cases that attendance is compulsory thus students with no attendance won't be able to take an exam.

2. Teacher attendance. Each time a class starts, the teacher has to notify the system. The same thing when a class ends, he or she has to notify the system as well. This way we know how many hours he or she spends for a particular month and decide how much he or she will get paid (among other things).

I would like to know if moodle can be used for the above needs. 

Many thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mustafa Abdat

Re: Some questions regarding moodle features

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Mustafa,

The first question can be answered as following: The Gradebook part of each course can be set up to record grades for every activity and add a weight factor for it. This way, some activities count for more towards course completion than others. 

The second question is a bit harder: there's no standard way of recording this (as far as I know, Attendance only allows recording for students). There'll probably be creative ways of going about this, like using a report to see when a teacher-user logs on and how long he/she is active per session.