Item appears hidden in the Gradebook

Re: Item appears hidden in the Gradebook

by Eric Strom -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Tasneem,

Have you tried hiding the entire course category (in the gradebook setup for the course) and then showing it again? I have found the sometimes toggling this will shake out any stuck hidden items loose so they are visible and calculated again. 

Eric

In reply to Eric Strom

by Tasneem Ashraf -

Eric,

Hi,

Thank you for replying back to me. I have tried multiple times to hide the individual assignments earlier, and it was visible but next time I log in it again hides.

Following your suggestion, I did hide the entire category this time.  It did shake whatever was there to juggle, and yes it did make it visible.  However, as soon as I logged in the next time, it did shows hidden again. 

What else to try now?

In reply to Tasneem Ashraf

by Eric Strom -

That is odd behavior. It could be some browser caching problem but I'm not convinced that is it. Different browsers produce the same result?

Which version of 2.9.x are you running? It might be useful to see if any bugs are documented at tracker.moodle.org.

In reply to Eric Strom

by Tasneem Ashraf -

Eric,

Yesterday I went back and re-did per your suggestion again.  I also found an enrollment glitch going on from our user database to Moodle sync.  I enrolled myself manually in the course as I am also a Moodle administrator.  Today so far is the first day this issue did not come up again. 

I am thinking the enrollment glitch was somehow taking me out of the course and re-enrolling me and perhaps Moodle saw no instructor and it hid the activity.......just an explanation to myself.