How to create a 'set' in Moodle Plugins directory?

How to create a 'set' in Moodle Plugins directory?

by Eoin Campbell -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I've just noticed that some plugins belong to a set, e.g. Open University.

Is this something that plugin developers can create ourselves, and if so, how?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eoin Campbell

Re: How to create a 'set' in Moodle Plugins directory?

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is this something that plugin developers can create ourselves

No, only Plugins directory curators are able to do that. If you have couple of plugins you would like to group together this way (such as all your "Microsoft Word File" plugins), please create a new MDLSITE task for us (component moodle.org/plugins) and put the required set name, description and the list of plugins to be put into the set.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

Many thanks, I have just created a Moodle Tracker request Request for new plugin set: Microsoft Word File Import/Export. I wasn't able to select the component as moodle.org/plugins though.

In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That's because you incorrectly created a MDL issue - which is used for a bug of feature request in the Moodle software.

You should have created a MDLSITE issue like David said.

I moved it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Many thanks Tim for moving the issue into the right project.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Eoin Campbell -

Hi David/Tim,

Many thanks for setting up the set, and apologies for getting the Tracker issue wrong. Thanks for the fix, Tim.