Site badges for multi-course completion 2.8.5...

Site badges for multi-course completion 2.8.5...

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Yes, I need to upgrade, working on it.

So here is my dilemma, I would like to do two things, one is probably entirely pie-in-the-sky, but I'll ask anyway.

1.  I have 3 related courses and I'd like to be able to create a badge that requires the user to complete all three and then get a badge.  You might say, hey, that's easy!...here's the hard part:  My site has 12 locations providing training, each location uses their own category area & structure as well as a centralized area for 5000+ users. The site has been running courses for 4 years, each year we copy the current courses to new categories.  We have a 5-6 category deep structure, sometimes more.  Some of the categories have ridiculously long titles.  There are more than 8400 courses on my site.  I go to the chooser to select required courses for the badge and I can't see my course titles because it wants to show the structure leading to the course.  And it sorts by id number, putting the oldest (generally) courses at the top.  I can't see my course titles because all it shows is the category location trails. Is there any way to change this chooser?  Maybe a way to enter course ids? That would make more sense for me.

2.  This is the Ha! Not likely one.  We code topics...because each of our 12 locations has its own way of doing things, Ethics training isn't the same everywhere, but all of them have a course idnumber which indicates it is ethics.  I'd like to be able to say...badges can be awarded if staff complete a course with this course idnumber (first four anyway, the number is our code plus the course id). Certainly not possible as far as I can see, but...I can dream, right?

Average of ratings: -