Student name filter missing from grading table

Student name filter missing from grading table

by Ruth Andrews -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.9.5

For some teachers the alphabetic first name, last name filters do not appear on the Grading Table screen when grading individual assignments.

I have looked at grader report preferences and user preferences, but can't see anything that would hide or show the alphabetic name filter.

See screenshots below.

Logged in as myself, everything is as it should be.

When a Colleague logs in, same course, same assignment, same roles, but no alphabetical index.

If  anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruth Andrews

Re: Student name filter missing from grading table

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Not seeing any screenshots.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ruth Andrews -

Sorry. Have copied them onto attachment see attached.

In reply to Ruth Andrews

by Stephen Owens -

Have any of the filters been applied to the table on your colleague's login? They're persistent across Moodle so when applied in one assignment will apply to others.

Have also had similar cases where toggling the 'show only active enrollments' tick box brings them back.

In reply to Stephen Owens

by Ruth Andrews -

Thank you for your suggestion, it put me on the right trail.

I changed different filters, first toggling active enrollments as suggested, but that had no effect.  I then tried changing different filters and it turned out to be the Assignments per page option that was causing the problem for us. 

When set to 'All', the alphabetical index appears, when set to different values e.g. '10' sometimes it displays and sometimes it doesn't.