Please clarify which PHP version is supported (or not) by which Moodle version

Please clarify which PHP version is supported (or not) by which Moodle version

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I'm juste launching this discussion, aiming to have clear and consistent information about which PHP version is really supported (or not) by which Moodle version.

This discussion because :

So what was clear (for me) before isn't anymore ; thanks in advance for a clarification.

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Please clarify which PHP version is supported (or not) by which Moodle version

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Séverin,

we performed that change when integrating the last English fixes before release.

But I agree that now, especially the 3.1 release notes, are less clear. So I've commented in the issue about to explictly say:

• In the 3.1 release notes: That it works with 7.0.x but not with 7.1.x.
  • In the 3.2 release notes: That it works with both 7.0.x and 7.1.x (and maybe in the future we'll have to add that it does not work with 7.2.x, time will tell).

Hope that way, using more detailed versions, it will be clearer for everybody... feel free to comment in the issue if there is any other idea about improving it... TIA!

Ciao smile

In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Please clarify which PHP version is supported (or not) by which Moodle version

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That it works with 7.0.x but not with 7.1.x.

I would suggest to either provide tracker link for particular observed issue with this combination, or use a weaker statement such as "not tested".

In reply to David Mudrák

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Suggestion accepted:

(MOODLE_31_STABLE=)$ php admin/cli/install_database.php --agree-license ...
== Environment ==
!! php !!
version 5.4.4 is required and you are running 7.1.1PHP version 7.1 is not supported.

Ciao smile