Teaching with Moodle

To enable different content at different times to each individual student - Moodle 3.2

Picture of Pedro Carmona
To enable different content at different times to each individual student - Moodle 3.2

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I am creating a course of 48 topics (in Moodle 3.2) in which each student can enroll at different times and can visualize part of the material according to their mode of payment. That is, if you pay the entire course, you can access to all the units, topics, resources…, but if you choose the monthly payment method, I have to activate 4 topics each month, or if you choose half-yearly payment, 24 topics first and 24 later. 
Each student can choose how to pay, so I don’t know how to control all the content of the course depending on what is paid and when. 
 Thanks in advance for your help!!

Average of ratings: -
math
Re: To enable different content at different times to each individual student - Moodle 3.2

(Disclaimer - I have no experience with payments within Moodle)

What about 9 separate courses - to match the payment options?

• One course with all 48 topics
  • One each for topics 1-24 and 25-48
  • One each for topics 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, etc.

Then, in each case, you don’t have to worry about what content to release  - just release the entire course that is appropriate to the payment.

Good luck!

David

Picture of Richard Oelmann
Re: To enable different content at different times to each individual student - Moodle 3.2
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTesters

If you went down this road and dont want to manage multiple versions of the same content, you might be able to create the content in a separate course area and then use LTI (using the same Moodle site as both provider and user of the LTI tool) to embed and link individual activities and resources into those paid courses.

Caveat - while I have previously tested using LTI within the same Moodle site, I haven't used it in this kind of complexity, so you would need to try it out to see if it helps smile

Picture of maude vuille

Hi there, 

Wouldn't groups work in the restrictions? I'll be having something similar - students or groups who do not start at the same time, and that's the road I'm looking at so far.