Viewing assigned course competencies as a student reveals Editing menu

Viewing assigned course competencies as a student reveals Editing menu

by Joost Elshoff -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

When I was checking the student view of assigned course competencies for a manual I'm making, I found the following:

From the Navigation block, as a student I can open the Competencies page belonging to a particular course. This shows all the competencies that were added to the course and a progress bar, plus some other stuff.

For each competency, a path is displayed with both the Competency Framework name and the ID number of a particular competency from that framework.

When I click on the link which is the Competency Framework name, I get directed to the complete competency framework in question, so I can view all the competencies belonging to it. So far, no problem... I guess... but:

When opening one of the competencies from that page, the description field shows the option to Edit the competency, as can be seen here:

Competency Framework view competency as student, shows editing options

None of the options in the Editing menu result in opening the respective pages, so I'm wondering: should a student role see this option in the first place?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Viewing assigned course competencies as a student reveals Editing menu

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'll have a look at this, as I've been exploring competencies this afternoon...

That was quick! Yes - I checked and my student can also see the Edit options but cannot do anything.

I suggest it is worth reporting in the tracker.