New Module Suggestion - Guided questions

New Module Suggestion - Guided questions

by Bill Burgos -
Number of replies: 5
Greetings all,

I am intending to use Moodle as a training tool that will require participants to prepare for a on site event. Given an assignment, I would like to have the participants fill out a guided questionaire so that they can:

a) Follow a step-by-step procedure

b) Demonstrate that they are really prepared and allow for review by trainer and peers.

c) print out the results before their on site event and

d) refer to their preparation for modification and reflection after the on site event.

I would think that it would be a simple module in which a trainer would be able to select as many guided questions as possible and present similar to a web form (possibly more than one 'page' as material volume dictates). Upon submission, the answers would be saved on the database.

This would be something like a blend of the assignment module combined with the short answer component of the quiz module or journal.

This is, of course, a rough idea. Anyone who would like to have this type of module developed?

Regards,

Bill
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Burgos

Re: New Module Suggestion - Guided questions

by Tom Murdock -
Yes,  I like the idea.  I'm not sure if it needs to be a new module, but if the assignment could accept web form entries (like the journal), it might do the trick.

-Tom
In reply to Bill Burgos

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Would it be the same thing if the quiz module had a "long answers" question type added (with manual marking)?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Bill Burgos -
Martin, all,

After a good night sleep some ideas popped up smile.

I think that a modified version of Quiz might do the job. At least as a starting point. thoughtful

It would allow for long answers, as you suggested, but also give the opportunity for participants to answer closed question in either yes/no (True/False) and perhaps a graded response (I was completely satisfied --> not satisfied at all).

Maybe, if properly tweaked, it could turn into a regular questionaire/feedback form for after session (class) feedback cool

I can take a look at the quiz code. However, I an NOT a programmer and I might hack it up into a complete mess mixed

Bill
In reply to Bill Burgos

by Tony Ruggiero -

Bill:

We have the need for an online form filled out by the students, stored in a db table that the instructors can view. I agree it could be like a long answer format but we would need for the students to fill in required fields.

We also have need of a long answer (essay) question quiz to be manually graded by the teacher.

Tony