Favicon

Favicon

by Jeffery Watkins -
Number of replies: 10
I have created a new favicon.ico file, put it in my theme directory, yet I am still getting the m icon for moodle.  Any ideas how to change this?

Jeff
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

Re: Favicon

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's probably cached somewhere ... also "view source" your HTML code to make sure you changed the right one.

Anyone want to make a new M with a hat on it?  tongueout
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Jerry Jensen -

Martin:

Here are some questions about the favicon from my graphic designer.

This is a cool logo but has many colors due to the shadow effect and the gradients in the text and hat.  For a favicon we need to keep it at 16 or less colors and stay away from gradients. I am trying to keep some of the gradients look but may have to go to basic colors. Do you know the PMS color(s) of the "Moodle" text? (gold or yellow) and the grays used in the hat? What is the final look you are trying to have? exactly like the M with hat --or -- something so people see the icon to know it's moodle?

If you can answer these, I can get him on to the next step...actually drawing it  smile

--Jerry

In reply to Jerry Jensen

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
No need to be fussy about the colors - I fully understand how tricky it will be just to make it recognizable at that size.

(Wow, two American-spelled words in one sentence - I must be drifting to the dark side of English. wink)

Thanks for the help.

by Jeffery Watkins -

If you like this, Ill send the file.

Moodle with hat

http://nyscss.org/netspace/

Jeff

In case you can't see it with IE 

In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by Martin Dougiamas -
Not bad.  The dangly bit on the hat can probably be left off, and the background should be transparent. 

by Les Lusk -
Hey, I noticed that you still didn't have an icon with the hat.  Here you go...
In reply to Les Lusk

by Timothy Takemoto -

Martin
Are we allowed to change the colour, like this colours? I would like to be able to distinguish Moodles, but I could create a completely different flavicon. Added to that, I think that the hat makes the "m" Moodle-distinctive in all of the colours.
Timothy

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Sure you can remove it completely or change it to anything you want.

by Timothy Takemoto -
Thanks. I inadvertently added the coloured flavicons to the last post, and was just about to change to an empty text file but they are there if anyone wants them.
Timothy