OSX, Outlook, embedded file links.

OSX, Outlook, embedded file links.

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I have observed a problem when files are embedded directly in forum postings. 

When the forum message is mailed out the links still exist and point back to Moodle. However, Outlook flags them as a possible security risk. Accepting the risk just does nothing. Links that are not deemed a risk (e.g. PDFs) work fine. You are sent to the browser and asked to login if required. 

Has anybody else seen this or got any thoughts?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: OSX, Outlook, embedded file links.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hmmm. I haven't used Outllook for a long time. Use Thunderbird instead and it has an Options button that lets me select from a menu, "Show remote content in this message". All the embedded files are then shown. Makes me think it's possibly just Outlook and maybe not a Moodle problem.

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: OSX, Outlook, embedded file links.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yeh - needless to say, the Exchange people are saying "That's a Moodle problem..." big grin