Why presets doesn't count as a contribution?

Why presets doesn't count as a contribution?

by Raul G Roig -
Number of replies: 4

I recent did my first contribution for the Moodle Community (the Color Function Preset for Boost Theme) and I feel a little disappointed because it doesn't appear in my public profile. Why it doesn't count as a contribution?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raul G Roig

Re: Why presets doesn't count as a contribution?

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Where do you expect this to appear on your profile? In the description (that you can edit)? In the list of plugins that your maintain?

In reply to Davo Smith

by Raul G Roig -

Maybe in another section to Moodle.net contributions could be a good idea, what do you think about it?

Don't give me wrong, it is not my intention to complain, I'm just trying to understand how things work on here.

I will put it on my description as soon as possible but just when I get more than 1 contribution.

In reply to Raul G Roig

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Paul. Sorry your Color Function Preset for the Boost Theme doesn't appear in your public profile here on Moodle.org. Your contribution is nonetheless very much appreciated smile Currently only plugins added to the Plugins directory appear in the profile, not items added to  Moodle.net. However, there is nothing stopping you adding its details yourself to your profile.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Raul G Roig -

Hello Mary, thank you for your kind response.

Maybe a section to Moodle.net contributions could be a good idea. At least could have a field "Maintained by" in the preset page like in the plugin page. What do you think about it?