Mobile app not redirecting to app after SSO login via embedded browser

Re: Mobile app not redirecting to app after SSO login via embedded browser

by Todd Weller -
Number of replies: 7

HI Juan, 

Thanks for the reply. I've had Moodle Mobile 3.0.321 (2015111114) installed since before trying all this and am still getting the same series of events... 

1) Open app

2) Add site

3) New window pops up with login area

4) Login

5) Taken straight to Moodle site via the same browser window and not back to the app

6) app never saves the site

Not sure what else there is to try? 

-Todd

In reply to Todd Weller

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

what SSO auth plugin are you using? Is an official one or a third party one?

Most of the time, if the SSO doesn't work, is because you are using a contributed auth plugin not handling correctly the $SESSION->wantsurl code

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Valery Fremaux -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Juan

at the moment seems i'm still stuck on this topic too. The CAS plugin we are using in both case is a cloned from auth/cas with only some local changes on logout and failure redirections, or in an other case with additional CAS ticket attributes.

Is the fact that the plugin is not strictly "auth/cas" affect the ability to turn back to the app mode ?

(in both case, $SESSION->wantsurl is working as usual)

In reply to Valery Fremaux

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Valery,

the CAS plugin works perfectly but we've seen that some customizations are not working as expected because some times important lines are changed or some values are harcoded.

Can you send me via private message or to mobile@moodle.com the url of your site? If local_mobile is installed there I can do a quick test to check if the cas plugin is working as expected

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Valery Fremaux -

Hi Juan

I will prepare some test data and available test plants.

We were just commenting upon the topic with Martin at last French MoodleMoot.

Our academic deployment is at the moment (for this year) still running moodle 3.1 as we have a big set of plugins to check for upper branches and focussing around 700.000 students upon 510 moodle instances.

Cheers !

Valery

(In Madrid / San Lorenzo del Escorial at the moment)

by Valery Fremaux -

Our first deployment in PACA (Nice Aix Marseille) has 170 instances

Our testing instance, fully functionnal is :

https://lgt-atrium-13008-moodle-recette.atrium-paca.fr

I send you typical test user credential in private message.

local_mobile is installed and enabled.

The platform runs an auth/casent CAS based plugin wich changes some details on logout. It keeps the authCAS=CAS / authCAS=NOCAS mechanism and the $SESSION->wantsurl handling.

I will next foward you our second deployment target over 340 intances

Valery

(Still in El Escorial, Madrid)

by Juan Leyva -
Hi Valery,

I can't log-in using the credentails you sent me. Could you confirm that the credential form is the one in this link? --> Pour vous connecter à ce service, veuillez vous authentifier sur le portail ATRIUM en suivant ce lien : Connexion ATRIUM

Apart from that, I can't contact you via private messages (you have it configured to accept messages only from your contacts)

Juan
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Valery Fremaux -

Actually you're right, our integration operator is having some trouble with the underlying ldap server at the moment. I'm stucked also with account feeders on the integration moodles.

I opened the private message channel no to bother community with our local tests.

Cheers.

Valery.