"Select for bulk operations" when uploading users

"Select for bulk operations" when uploading users

by Pedro Martins De Torre -
Number of replies: 2

I've created a .csv file with the details of some new users that I want to add to Moodle. Under 'Site Admin / Users / Accounts' I select the Upload users" option and select my .csv file and click the upload button. The next screen has a "Select for bulk operations" list with "No", "New users", "Updated users" and "All users" as the options in the list.

What does all this mean? What does this "Select for bulk operations" option do?

When should I use it?

There is no description of this "Select for bulk operations" option in Moodledocs or anything explaining how to use it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pedro Martins De Torre

Re: "Select for bulk operations" when uploading users

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Sorry to disagree, but there is already clear documentation for this, specifically the section on 'Select for Bulk User Actions' - but for ease of reference, changing the setting to 'yes' prepopulates the selection form at Site Administration > Users > Accounts > Bulk User Actions.

From there, you can choose to

• Send a message (requires Messaging to be enabled)
  • Force users to change their passwords
  • Add users to a cohort
  • And much more!
See the docs on Bulk User Actions for more information.

In reply to Pedro Martins De Torre

Re: "Select for bulk operations" when uploading users

by Qassim University -

How to upload bulk users with Arabic names answer is; if you want to upload users with Arabic names you need to follow the following steps:

1) Create a file in excel with fields username,password,firstname,lastname,email,course1,type1,group1 in each separated column. 

2) After filling with data in all the columns regarding above-mentioned fields, copy all that data and paste it to the new notepad file.

3) Now remove the space between the each column by selection of space between any two columns, use replace function and paste the space in find field and comma in replace field and click replace all.

4) Now save as this file with extension .csv and utf-8 option.