Background img

Background img

by Karlis Murans -
Number of replies: 5
Hi!  

I'm creating a theme for my job and i noticed that as i go further into the page the background image becomes larger and ofcourse loses the sharpness. 

What could i do to remedy this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karlis Murans

Re: Background img

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

body {
background: url(path of background image) no-repeat fixed 50% 50%;
background-size: cover;
position: relative;
}

You can try this css style. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Purnendu

In reply to Purnendu Dash

Atbilde: Re: Background img

by Karlis Murans -

it doesn't work for me. :/

body {background-image:url([[pix:theme|screenshot]]);

-webkit-background-size: cover;

-moz-background-size: cover;

-o-background-size: cover;

background-size: cover;

position: relative;

}

this is my code for the image, but if i add what you offered it just disappears all together 

Re: Background img

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What exactly do you mean by 'go further into the page'? Are you zooming in on the browser?

In which case that's probably down to the original resolution of your image - but the downside of using a higher resolution image is that it is larger in terms of memory and download speed in the first place. You need to find the appropriate balance for your site between resolution/size of image and ability to zoom in.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Atbilde: Re: Background img

by Karlis Murans -

by going in further, what i mean is when i.e. from dashboard i go into a course, then i go in further to look up specific course info and so on, each next step enlarges the background

Re: Atbilde: Re: Background img

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

From dashboard to course, to a specific resource/activity in the course should be a different page and so should reapply the background image.

That sounds like there's some kind of issue with how those are displaying - some screenshots might help?

But also - I'm really not sure you need all those vendor prefixes any more - background-size is supported in all the recent versions of the main browsers http://caniuse.com/#search=background-size