SCORM Quizz frozen/invalid when using back button

SCORM Quizz frozen/invalid when using back button

by Olivier Bitsch -
Number of replies: 3

Dear community,

We are currently enduring an issue when using SCORM package generated by Storyline and while we are trying to use "Prev" button with the SCORM player. Are our setup :

- Moodle 3.2.1 running on Debian Jessie
- Android Moodle APK 3.2.0 from Play Store.
- Articulate Storyline 2 Update 8 : 1605.515

+Reproduce the issue :+

- Create a Quizz from Storyline, allow answered question to be updated afterward.
- Publish the Quizz as SCORM 1.2 package and upload it into Moodle course.
- Open Android application, login, enroll and download the course.
- This will download the SCORM package and open it.
- Answer on some questions (about 10~15 and give bad answer) and then click "Prev" button from SCORM player several time (e.g to go back to question 1).
- Change the answer (provide true answer - sometime it's even not possible for unknown reason).
- Finish the Quizz and review the question.
- During the review, all updated question are still marked as wrong while the answer have been updated as true.

> Note : this issue only happens with Moodle App, no issue with a real browser with same SCORM package.

+Issue+

- Sometime question are like grayed up and it's not possible to update anymore.
- Updated answered are not really updated and are still marked like first attempt (on the background).

Anybody encountered the same issue ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Olivier Bitsch

Re: SCORM Quizz frozen/invalid when using back button

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Olivier,

can you send us your SCORM package to mobile@moodle.com and reference this post in your message?

We'll take a look, just a hint, some times Storylines created packages with flash and html5 format, and we have noticed that the html5 format (the one used in the app) some times don't work as expected.

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: SCORM Quizz frozen/invalid when using back button

by Olivier Bitsch -

Hi Juan,

I've sent a mail this morning, I hope you got it.

As additional information, I just got the github moodle Cordova project, installed nodejs dependancy modules and finally run the application in Chromium, and finally I got the same issue.

I'm really not sure now about the root cause of the issue, but I will try to see from my side if I can bring more information.

Thanks anyway.

Olivier

In reply to Olivier Bitsch

[fixed/not a moodle issue] SCORM Quizz frozen/invalid when using back button

by Olivier Bitsch -

Again new very quick update, the issue is probably coming from SCORM package itself. After disabling my flash player plugin, I run the SCORM package from Moodle Web directly, and again, same issue. I will close this thread, as the issue is definitively coming from SCORM package itself.

Apologies for the spend time, I will open an issue at Storyline support side.

Best regards.

Olivier.