Text editor

Text editor

by Lee Hensley -
Number of replies: 2

I have placed some pictures and audio into some text using the add media button and it works fine on the web but when students try to use it with the mobile app it says files missing. so I checked today and when I open manage files it also says the files are missing but does show them in the file window. I noticed when I edit media that the path is just (/) with no actual path included. Is this something I need to add? or is this normal? if so why does it work on the web and android natively but not on Iphone or Ipad or with android and IOS app. I am running moodle 3.2

Attachment Welcome - Mozilla Firefox 2017-02-27 15.16.37.jpg
Attachment Welcome - Mozilla Firefox 2017-02-27 15.17.04.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Hensley

Re: Text editor

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

this seems weird, have you check the HTML source code to check if the paths are correct?

Also, I'm not sure if the aac format will play in iPhone, are you able to play this format in your iPhone?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Text editor

by Lee Hensley -

I got it to work on Iphone and Ipad now if the students don't use the Moodle app. it still says the files are missing just like before and that may be why the students cant use the Moodle app but if they just use their phone browsers the audio and pictures work now. So good enough for now. Yes Iphone plays .aac audio only format I could get to work on the new Iphones. At least the Iphones in China. I would assume they are just like Android and if sold in China they must be programed differently. I am sure of the difference in programing in Android but I do not know about the Iphone only guessing based on the differences in the Android phones. 

I was thinking it may have something to do with the fact I have to turn the videojs player off in China as it loads youtube on every page so it takes forever for a page to load until the attempt to connect to youtube breaks. Not sure what all videojs player is tied into. Youtube is blocked in China and for that matter in many schools not sure Moodle dev really thought that one out very clearly. They say it will be fixed in the next update so that is good.