In Drag & Drop questions, the 'choices' do not shuffle.

In Drag & Drop questions, the 'choices' do not shuffle.

by marc spencer -
Number of replies: 7

Hi everyone,

I am using moodle 3.1, and i am new to it. I am creating some 'drag and drop' type of questions, and even though i have check-marked the box Shuffle , while attempting the quizz, the answer appear in the same order, making them useless. How can i fix this.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,

Mark

Average of ratings: -
In reply to marc spencer

Re: In Drag & Drop questions, the 'choices' do not shuffle.

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Could you post a screen shot of the question editing form including the shuffle box.

In reply to Marcus Green

by marc spencer -

Hi Marcus,

Thank you very much for your offer to help.

I took the pix with my phone. Due to maximum size limit of 500 KB, and with all cropping and enhancement that i did to the pix i couldn't make them smaller than 2 MB. Therefore i can't upload the screen shots, unless there's another way of doing it, that i  don't know. 

I try to describe the page that i do the editing, i hope it is helpful.

====================================

<<Editing a drag and drop into text>>

<<General>>

<<Question name>>

<<Question text>>

<<Choices>>

<<Shuffle>>   <===== I checked marked the box.

===============================================

Despite this every time that I 'attempt the quiz', all choices come in the same order as entered, making them useless.

One possibility: There are 3 empty choice boxes at the bottom of the 'choices' list, and i did not know how to delete them. Could these empty choice boxes cause this problem?  

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Mark

In reply to Marcus Green

by marc spencer -

Hi Marcus:

I just learned how to post screenshots [learning a new thing everyday :--) ]. When attempting the quiz, the answers appear in the same order as choices 1 to 8 are entered, rendering  the quiz not helpful. I don't know how to fix it.

Regards,

Mark

In reply to marc spencer

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It seems to be working on the Moodle demo site: http://school.demo.moodle.net/mod/quiz/view.php?id=761. Does that work for you?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by marc spencer -

Hi Tim,

Thanks for taking your time and replying to my request for help.

You are right. The link you attached works fine, the answers appear shuffled each time, but still in the quiz that i am trying to crate, the answers come exactly as the choices entered.

Regards,

Mark

In reply to marc spencer

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Here is a thought: the quiz settings, Question behaviour -> Shuffle within questions, that is it set to? (Should be on by default, but might have got turned off.)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by marc spencer -

Hi Tim,

I took your advise, and IT WORKED ! I couldn't believe it, but it worked. The choices now appear randomly.

Thank you very much for your help and advise, I really appreciate it.

Best regards,

Mark Sepassi