Concepts Not Linking

Concepts Not Linking

by Thomas Bray -
Number of replies: 9
I'm able to add concepts now, but they aren't linking. I'm adding to the main glossary with global selected and auto link in place. Ideas?

Thanx!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Bray

Re: Concepts Not Linking

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Put this line in config.php

$CFG->textfilter1 = 'mod/glossary/dynalink.php';

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Thomas Bray -
Yes, I did that, right after my
$CFG->dataroot entry; but still nothing. I've switched between themes as well. Any other ideas? smile

In reply to Thomas Bray

by Thomas Bray -
Update : The mod is stable, but not linking. I'm using v1.1.1 but have upgraded the config file to include the text filter command. still no links showing, and all are set correctly (I think sad)
In reply to Thomas Bray

by Williams Castillo -
Hi Thomas,

As far as I know, text filters (functinality in which the auto-linking is based ) are available for 1.2dev or later only... I don't know how exactly this information is but the necessary changes in weblib were made far later the release of the version 1.1.1.

However, if you won't want to fully upgrade your installation, I think you need change only your weblib.php by adding the new function filter_text and updating the format_text one. Check both of them here: cvs:/moodle/lib/weblib.php

Not completelly sure thought. Give it a try and post your results.

Regards,
Will

In reply to Williams Castillo

by Thomas Bray -
Hi Will:

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, as a novice, i don't understand some of it!

I think I have found the current weblib.php in the CVS, but as to "adding the new function filter_text and updating the format_text one" I haven't the slightest idea of how to do that. sad

Has anyone out there done the code adjustment for 1.1.1 and would be willing to send me their corrected weblib.php? shy

In reply to Thomas Bray

by Williams Castillo -
Hi Thomas,

Send me your wbelib lib.. I'll try to make the changes for you.

Regards,
Will
In reply to Williams Castillo

by Thomas Bray -

Thank you Will! I've sent it via email, but I'm also uploading here in case anyone else wants a look.

Thom
In reply to Thomas Bray

by Thomas Bray -
I tried the rewritten weblib, but I'm afraid it still doesn't link. I may need to wait for 1.2 stable release, since I can't get the beta of 1.2 to work right either. sad

For now, I'll have to be happy smile testing the glossary in 1.1.1 and using it without the link, unless anyone out there has it working with the release version of 1.1.1 and can tell me how you acomplished that smile

This is a wonderful mod, Will, and will be powerfully useful to me when I finally get it running. Super!

Thom
In reply to Thomas Bray

by Williams Castillo -
Hi Thomas,

Could you please post your weblib.php and resource/view.php so other can used it in 1.1.1 also?

Thanks!

Will