Error with Flashcard module

Er: Re: Error with Flashcard module

by Juan Ezeiza -
Number of replies: 4

Since I couldn't make backups, import or export contents, or even delete a course, I've made a downgrade of the flashcard module. Now everything works fine. I'll wait for a new release.

Thanks anyway.

In reply to Juan Ezeiza

Re: Er: Re: Error with Flashcard module

by Eva Adam -

Dear Juan,

I have similar problems with the flashcard module but it seems I cannot simply downgrade. Could you please let me know how to do this?

Thank you,

Éva

In reply to Eva Adam

Er: Re: Er: Re: Error with Flashcard module

by Juan Ezeiza -

Hi Eva,

You are right. You cannot simply downgrade. It's a bit tricky.

You have to put the old version of the flashcard module in the "\mod\flashcard" folder of your Moodle instalation and change the version to a higher one. To do it, edit the file "version.php" and change the strings that contain the version number. For example, I changed them in this way:

$plugin->version  = 2017022202;
$plugin->release = '3.1.0 (Build 2017022202)';

When you're done, go to "site administration\Notifications" and you'll be asked to "upgrade" the flashcard module, but in fact you'll "trick" your Moodle to downgrade it.

Good luck!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Ezeiza

Re: Er: Re: Er: Re: Error with Flashcard module

by Eva Adam -

Hi Juan,

Thank you for the info! Yes, it is tricky indeed.

In the meantime I have found a fix on github (https://github.com/vfremaux/moodle-mod_flashcard) and replaced the flashcard folder content with the new one and now everything seems to be working again. The only thing I still don't quite understand is that I originally updated the module via the web on 12 March and the update that I copied from github to the server today was dated 2 March... Nevertheless, I am happy that now this problem has been solved on our server. And I hope that I will not need this version trick in the future smile

Bests,

Éva

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eva Adam

Er: Re: Er: Re: Er: Re: Error with Flashcard module

by Juan Ezeiza -

Jó reggelt, Éva.

The fix on github works fine! I'm happy because I wanted to try the new features of the flashcard module.

Köszönöm,

Juan