Report on current users

Re: Report on current users

by ben reynolds -
Number of replies: 6

I know a quick and dirty way to do it in a course, but you said "system." To do the system report you need to have admin permissions.

Site Administration > Users > in accounts > bulk user actions >  in New Filter > Show more > Last Access > is before [choose a date] > enable

Once you run it, go down to Users in list > select all users > click Add to selection 

Drop down to With selected users . . . and choose Send a message

Be aware that, if you are talking about hundreds of students, such a message may be perceived as spam.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Whitney Lowe -

Thanks Ben, that will be very helpful. One additional question. I was going to export this information to an Excel spreadsheet and figured I would do that with the download option under "with selected users". I clicked it and it looked like it performed the action, but I can't tell where the download went. Do you know if there is a default location for the download to be processed to? It didn't got to my Downloads folder on my computer (which is my default for web downloads).

Thanks again,

Whitney

In reply to Whitney Lowe

by Dr. Indira Koneru -

Right click on the link > click on Save link as >  choose a folder to save.

In reply to Dr. Indira Koneru

by Whitney Lowe -

My options don't look like that. Perhaps it is my theme settings, but this is what it looks like for me:

Moodle screen shot

If I click "Go" it appears that it is attempting to download the report, but I can't see where it is going. 

In reply to Whitney Lowe

by ben reynolds -

This is curious. I'm using a localhost Moodle v 3.2 with the same layout as yours, Whitney. I click download, I see "waiting on 127.0.0.1" and then nothing. I have Windows 10, so I open the recent folder, and there is no file in the list.

Ah, I'll bet you didn't do the final step. You need to Add to selection or Add all. Then when you choose download and hit go, it takes you to a screen to "Export users as . . ."

In reply to ben reynolds

by Whitney Lowe -

Yes, that's it and thanks!

In reply to Whitney Lowe

by ben reynolds -

My virtue is having failed to do every obvious move. Or, as in the front page fail, done what I should not have. Probably why my own site won't let me be an admin anymore.

Go forth and prosper!