Is Everything Clear

Re: Is Everything Clear

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1. If it is taking that long then it is probably the way Moodle is set up on your computer or server. Correctly set it up, it should not take that long
  2. Make sure you know the difference between 'enrolment' and 'authentication'. Hopefully the pages Admin quick guide and Teacher quick guide can help you simply enrol/authenticate students. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Does This Display -

I think I followed the steps in authentication. Not really sure since I was logged in as a teacher or manager - I don't recall being logged in as an administrator.

But I will probably find out that this little step requires this, and that little step requires that, etc.   So I tried to have a friend in another part of the world log in.  He has no idea how to find my site.  How does he find my site.  Does he have to join moodle?  Or can he just go to guessandcheckdiscovery.MoodleCloud.com or something like that and find my course and take it.

Also, even though I bought stuff - a clock, a tee-shirt, and even though I have ad-block paused, I still see the Moodle sad face because I have ad block turned on.  Is that just to discourage me from trying out the free site and buy a more expensive site to experiment on?

Thanks for any help.

Don Quimby

In reply to Does This Display

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes - your friend will need to go directly to the MoodleCloud site in his browser address bar to get to your site. He can then save it to his favourites/bookmarks so he can get straight there next time.  He doesn't have to join Moodle.org but will have to create a new account on your site.

Are you the same Donald Quimby from Learn Moodle? Just asking because if you are, then you already have an account on this site with your real name. Would you prefer to continue using that one?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Does This Display -

Yes, I  believe I am the same Donald Quimby from the Learn Moodle and I think the course I have been building is connected to that Learn Moodle account.  I used to log in with the same user name and password.  After awhile I figured out how to change my user name and password and changed them.

When I ask my friend to go to guessandcheckdiscovery.moodlecloud.com,  my friend gets to a Moodle Site that asks him to log in or register to join Moodle.  I was thinking my friend would just come to my little site of one or two courses, click on it, enter his email address and he would be sent a link to automatically join my course - something like that.

Since that is not working, I guess my question is, how does my friend find my course?

Thank you for any help in this.