Name of a person editing a glossary entry

Name of a person editing a glossary entry

by Beatriz Rojo -
Number of replies: 4

Hi there,

I use Moodle 3.x and I recently discovered this characteristic of the glossary. My student assistant usually prepares the courses and she created a glossary with the entries and explanations that I gave to her. She is thus the creator of the glossary. The course has begonnen and I edited an entry, adding an elaboration. In the "Recent Activities" block, it appears "New entry in glossary: [Name of student assistant]". Is there a way to change this option and that my name appears on the block? The context is that it is a continuous learning course for teachers and we don't want them to see "strangers" in the course. The student assistant was actually removed from the course.

Thanks for your support!

Beatriz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Name of a person editing a glossary entry

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Beatriz

There’s no way you can change it to your name without making a change in the actual database to your userid rather than the assistant - but if you have access to custom css settings, you could add the following, which will prevent the name from actually displaying:

.block_recent_activity .name {display: none;}

If the 'Browse by Author' tab is showing in the Glossary, you can get rid of that too - see this section of the Glossary documentation for more information.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Beatriz,

An alternative solution to Jon's (excellent) suggestions would be to export the glossary entries, create a new glossary activity, then import the entries and delete the original glossary activity. By importing glossary entries, you are automatically named as author. If you then edit an entry, you will be named in the recent activities block.

Please see the documentation Using Glossary for details of exporting and importing entries.

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Oh yeh, of course! Much simpler smile

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Beatriz Rojo -

Thanks Helen and Jon for your timely and useful solutions!

Cheers,

Beatriz