Moodle Public IP

Moodle Public IP

by George Rayner -
Number of replies: 2

So I've got a Moodle server running on the internal network that is accessible by just using the internal IP address, but I would now like to make it accessible from outside the network by using the public IP. Unfortunately, i'm not very good at this sort of stuff and I could really use some help with this. Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Rayner

Re: Moodle Public IP

by John Packiaraj -

Please give details of your installation like OS, the webserver being used as minimum information.  This is a configuration of the webserver.  Simply keeping other high sounding jargon out of the post for now.  Do you have a static IP provided for your gateway (the router or something that connects you to the  internet).

It must be an educational institution.  If you use any firewall between the internet and the intranet, it will also be helpful if you mention if it is a hardware or a software firewall.

Cheers!!!

In reply to George Rayner

Re: Moodle Public IP

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

George,

The IP allocated to your network by your ISP is the one you are going to use as your external IP accessible outside of your network, but, it as well includes opening firewall ports in your gateway o get it accessed outside of your network, there could be possibility of your network running a web server already, so you may want to consider attaching a domain name to your moodle.