Quiz-Formating answers in a quiz.

Quiz-Formating answers in a quiz.

by Terry Wardle -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I am having trouble with unwanted formatting on some of the answers in my quizzes. 

I'm using Moodle Cloud (free). Moodle 3.2.1+ (Build: 20170119)

As you can see below there seems to be a carriage return before the text on two of the answers.

As you can see below. There is a blank line above the answers for two of them. Don't know how they got there but they won't go away. Tried: deleting the text and re-entering it. Formating it in Word and pasting it in, etc.

When I try to edit the answers it always reverts back to what is displayed above. Moodle won't let me delete the question because it has been used by students. Very frustrating. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

Terry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Terry Wardle

Re: Quiz-Formating answers in a quiz.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Formatting in word in the copying and pasing is normally the complete opposite of what you want to do!

In the HTML editor, if you want to try and work out what is really doing on with a weird formatting problem, try clicking the <> button. That will show you what HTML tags are in there. In your case, you probably don't want any tags at all.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Quiz-Formating answers in a quiz.

by Terry Wardle -

Hi Tim,

Many, many thanks. That has solved the problem. I was in an endless loop, getting nowhere.