Quiz - Get Confirmaiton Message on Submission

Quiz - Get Confirmaiton Message on Submission

by Jayden Tyronian -
Number of replies: 2

I'm not sure if this is the appropraite area or perhaps under Quiz itself, but I'm trying to set up Moodle and we have for example a course setup which has a Quiz.

Globally the settings for Activity: Quiz - Get a notification message when an attempt is submitted are set to Allow and more specifically the 'Teacher (editing)' role has been assigned to it.  Which in my thoughts means a Teacher of a specific course should get a notification of a quiz submission.

It's not working, no email is being received by the teacher and out of interest of 'does it work at all', I added 'Authenticated User' role also and when I do another test the email does get sent... although to all users that fit the authenticated user role, which isn't ideal.

If I try to set it manually specifically at the course level and test again... same thing, nothing works if its just the Teacher role assigned, but if I add authenticated user, others get it who shouldn't.

The Admin Default message outputs are enabled and email permitted etc.

I may be missing something obvious, but I've gone around and around and haven't found anything that works so only the teacher gets the notification for their course(s).

Any help apprecaited.  I've included some screen shots (only allowed me to upload two) in case that helps.

Jayden

Attachment admin_define_roles_teacher.JPG
Attachment checkpermissions_user_with_Teacherrole.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Re: Quiz - Get Confirmaiton Message on Submission

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you go into one of the quizzes, and do Check permissions for one of the teachers. Check that they really have the capability there.

In reply to Jayden Tyronian

Re: Quiz - Get Confirmaiton Message on Submission

by Jayden Tyronian -

Hi Tim

I have had a look as you suggested and indeed they don't.  By doing this, I think I figured out a couple of things.  1) the person in question didn't have the permissions and the didn't have permissions because the user role assigned to 'get' the notifications for that course was not assigned to anyone.

I made some adjustments but they were sending them out to everyone in that role (not entirely sure why when it should be based on the course), other than possibly thinking the user had to be assigned to a teacher level permission and through some testing this seems to have worked.

I was trying to get it to work by letting the Manager level role get the notifications, but this seem to send the notifications to everyone across Moodle with the Manager role the notification.  When I added the Teacher role and put the user in there at the category level (and thus the courses beneath), it seems ONLY that Teacher(s) got the notification which is what is required.

Jayden