Can't get through the installation process! Problem with admin account setup

Re: Can't get through the installation process! Problem with admin account setup

by Ernestas Narmontas -
Number of replies: 7

I had the same issue and after some troubleshooting noticed that  I had post_max_size = 64MB, but php.ini file actually read it as bytes, not megabytes. Correct syntax is  post_max_size = 64M, without the B.

In reply to Ernestas Narmontas

Re: Can't get through the installation process! Problem with admin account setup

by Troy Wolf -

Jan 15, 2008

Fresh AWS ec2 instance with Ubuntu 16.04

PHP 7.022

MySQL 5.7.20

Moodle 3.4.1

Nginx w/ php7-fpm

moodle and moodledata dir owned by same user that the php7-fpm process runs as.

Install indicates all required and recommended PHP modules are installed successfully.

Next screen installs lots of things and appears to be successful. When I click to continue, I'm taken to the /user/editadvanced.php?id=2 page, which fails to load styles and scripts. See attached screenshot.

I enabled the developer debug settings in config.php. This allowed me to see this when I try to load the stylesheet using the URL: /theme/styles.php/boost/1516051530_1/all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function theme_get_sub_revision_for_theme() in /var/www/moodle/theme/styles.php:83 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/moodle/theme/styles.php on line 83

This is odd to me because config.php has a require_once() for setup.php which has this:

require_once($CFG->libdir .'/outputlib.php');

Seems that should throw an error if the file is not found. (The files is, in fact, sitting there in my lib directory...and permissions are good.

I will keep troubleshooting this, but wondering WHY I have to...and how many people would continue this far. If anyone has a helpful tip, I'm listening.

Thanks!

In reply to Troy Wolf

by Troy Wolf -

So the reason styles.php can't find theme_get_sub_revision_for_theme() from /lib/outputlib.php is because when setup.py is included from styles.php (by way of config.php), it has this bit:

define('ABORT_AFTER_CONFIG', true);
require('../config.php');

That ABORT_AFTER_CONFIG tells setup.php to abort and load a minified setup of some kind....those require_once() lines don't happen, thus the method is missing.

As a test, I disabled the ABORT_AFTER_CONFIG line in styles.php, but things broke in other ways.

I'm missing something here or the 3.4.1 release is simply broken. I have to assume the former, but...thoughts?

In reply to Troy Wolf

by Troy Wolf -

SOLVED. For me, it was a missing PATH_INFO param in my nginx host config. I followed some instructions from here:

https://docs.moodle.org/34/en/Nginx

If your CSS and scripts are not loading, you may have a similar issue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Troy Wolf

by sadaf sadafian -
i have similar problem with moodle 3.4.1 but i have not access to server configuration. is there anyway to solve that?

that means if any user has not access to server config can not install moodle?sad

Attachment 2018-02-01_17-18-51.jpg
In reply to sadaf sadafian

by karthik Soundararajan -

I too have similar problem with 3.4 where icons are rendered as rectangle due to font-awesome not getting loaded properly, and requirejs issue

Had appropriate permission on the moodledata folder, tried deleting the localcache directory.

Any suggestions

In reply to karthik Soundararajan

by sadaf sadafian -
i say to my host provider to install moodle and he install that. also i ask him what is the problem, he say something about disable nginix proxy to solve that.
In reply to Troy Wolf

by Jamal Aruna -

This solved my issue for moodle3.6 installation on homestead too.Thanks