1) Is Moodle a CMS?
2) As a computer help desk tech/webmaster, I can figure out a most software, hardware, content, etc. Moodle appears to be designed like a Linux OS: you have to be a programmer to figure it out. Any places online with easy, step-by-step instructions or videos on Moodle site creation?
3) Any reason why there appears to be disorganization at this site? I have been trying to find a file/folder called theme_boost for version 3.2 and for the life of me I cannot find it.
Moodle seems like a good application. The installation of the core program was easy, but themes, setting up pages and other customization seems WAY too difficult. A little help here. ;-(
Moodle is more of a LMS (we like to say learning platform) rather than a CMS like Wordpress.
You could start with our documentation - here is the Admin quick guide and here is he Teacher quick guide I'm not quite sure what you mean by having difficulty trying to find a folder for themeboost - if you have Moodle 3.2 already installed it should be in there. You've posted to the Lounge, a place for social chat - and that is fine - but if you would like more specific (or technical) help then I can move your post to the Installation forum instead? Let me know.
Admins can make courses and then teachers can add activities to them - from a teacher point of view there are many videos on our Youtube channel. Here is a playlist of beginner teacher walk throughs -they may or may not be useful to you
1. As Mary says, it's not the intention. It's to provide course-based learning resources created by teachers delivered to students.
2. No you don't. It obviously (like any web-based software) takes a bit of skill to install and optimise (for live use anyway) but you absolutely don't need developer skills to use it.
3. I don't understand your question. In Moodle 3.2, if you want to find the code for the theme Boost, it is under theme/boost/ (in your Moodle install). Which seems pretty logical to me.
Having said all that - we'd be very happy to help if you have (more) specific questions